Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Removing welded sfc's a bad idea?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RevGTO, are you quarter panel creases from road racing or drag racing? One of the big reasons I threw my SFCs on was to avoid exactly that kind of damage. How common is this creasing issue, I was starting to wonder of it was hype. Do I have to worry about it w street tires (no slicks)?
Old 08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 209 Likes on 176 Posts

They're either from launching on the dragstrip or on the street. I don't really know when they appeared. I first thought the worst one was a door dent until closer inspection revealed a sublte crease - get this: 9 inches long going up the quarter panel from the edge of the wheel well. Later I noticed one on the other side that was more subtle, at a different angle, and about 4 inches long. When I discovered the second one, I got the SFC's. So about two months ago, I had the creases taken out by PDR and they haven't returned, but I haven't been to the track. But guess what? I have two new dimples, this time on the TOP of each quarter panel. My buddy's and my brother's WS6's both have them in that location. That's my story, sorry for the book ...

Last edited by RevGTO; 08-21-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, thats a bummer. At least PDR took care of it. Thanks 4 the feedback!

Quick Reply: Removing welded sfc's a bad idea?