Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Clunking

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006 | 08:11 PM
Launching!

Default Clunking

Hi Guys

I need some advice as to the problems I'm having with the 02 Z28. I've recently installed a BMR Adjustable Torque Arm and th BMR Relocation kit a few days ago. I have two issues that after this installation

1) I was experiencing a vibration (more likely the center console shook) when I was running around 85 mph. I took the car to the shop and discovered that the one of bolts on the torque arm was loose - actually I forgot to tighten it during the install. Also I dicovered that my pinion angle was +2 degrees instead of the -2 degrees. The shop didn't have an angle finder, but we've managed to set the pinion to a negative angle. The end result was the vibration wasn't bad as it was before, but its still there at speeds over 85mph. (The plan next week is to go back to the shop with an angle finder and properly set pinion angle correctly.) The question for this issue is was the cause of the vibration that the pinion angle was set incorrectly? Or is it something else?

2) The other issue is when I'm off the throttle or driving on roads that are irregular, I'm hearing clunking noises that appear to be coming from the rear passenger side of the car. I'm thinking maybe the bushing in the passenger side LCA is worn, or the bolts on the LCA need to be tightened. Or is it something else.

Thanks Guys
Old 08-23-2006 | 05:39 PM
Launching!

Woot!!!!!!!!!!

Just as I thought it was; the pinion angle was wrong, and had a loose bolt on the RH LCA. Corrected those problems - no clunks, and also no vibrations at speeds in excess of 85 MPH

Quick Reply: Clunking