Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed Hurst line lock and only the passenger side front locks up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Hurst line lock and only the passenger side front locks up?

Put a Hurst line lock on with a install kit from Thunder so it was no sweat. After bleeding the brakes only the Passenger side front locks up. Hit the bakes normally and it does lock up. Took it out and drove it and the brakes feel normal. Bled them again when I got back still does the same thing.

So do I have air in the abs block or do I have other problems? Did I miss something in the install...?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

how do you know only the passenger side locks up? if its because the backend of the car starts to swerve to the left, my car does the same thing. I dont have line lock but when i power brake the *** end starts to come around towards the left. i think its just the way the weight distibution is and the way the rear is. i dont see how only one side would lock and not the other if you bled it properly. the line lock only uses one line to lock both wheels right? one line into the solenoid and one line out, which then splits to two lines going to opposite front calipers?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

I can't see how only one side would lock up.. If one locks up than the other should/would too. One main line is being used and is holding pressure.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by michaelg589
how do you know only the passenger side locks up? if its because the backend of the car starts to swerve to the left, my car does the same thing. I dont have line lock but when i power brake the *** end starts to come around towards the left. i think its just the way the weight distibution is and the way the rear is. i dont see how only one side would lock and not the other if you bled it properly. the line lock only uses one line to lock both wheels right? one line into the solenoid and one line out, which then splits to two lines going to opposite front calipers?

I have the front wheels in the air on a jack and the drivers side does spin, the pass doesn't when I push the brakes in turn on the lock.

Yes, I did go into the "MC1" of the ABS block out of the Line lock. There is even a picture on thunderracings instructions and site that I confirmed this with.

The only thing I can think of is something inside the abs block or to the drivers front wheel isn't holding the pressure when it is locked, but works normally under normal conditions.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

what about when you just push the brake pedal without the line lock?
Old 08-12-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Second Club

Yes it holds. It is weird. Goes down the road and stops fine. No fluid leaks
Old 08-12-2006, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

You have the line from the line lock going to the right spot on the ABS block? When looking at the block from the drivers side of the engine compartment it will be the right bottom fitting. It sounds like you have it on the left bottom fitting as that is the one that goes to the right front brake. I just did my SLP line lock install the other night.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GETGONE
You have the line from the line lock going to the right spot on the ABS block? When looking at the block from the drivers side of the engine compartment it will be the right bottom fitting. It sounds like you have it on the left bottom fitting as that is the one that goes to the right front brake. I just did my SLP line lock install the other night.
Yes it is in the left bottom fitting if your looking at it from the the top. It's labeled "MC1" as shown here in the picture from Thunder racing...

Let me know what you think...maybe its in the wrong spot would make sence. But even if you go to www.mrgasket.com and click on the hurst link and then find the install instructions on the third page on the bottom for our cars you will see it wants it to go to MC1..

Let me know what you think.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

You should be able to do some wicked donuts then!!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TRANSAM75
You should be able to do some wicked donuts then!!!!
Would be cool if that was my goal
Old 08-23-2006, 06:16 PM
10 Second Club

Welp I thought would add this incase some one runs into the same situation and is searching it.

The Front two fittings on my ABS block where switched around for some reason...(don't look at me I didn't touch em.. ) I switched them around now and everything works right.

The rears and the Passenger front where locking up, but not the driver front. So when I jacked the back up and tried to spin them with the lock on they where locked.

After I looked at it when it was fixed I thought. DUH!!

Quick Reply: Installed Hurst line lock and only the passenger side front locks up?