Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR front lower control arms

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL ... you guys crack me up ...

From the BMR website ...

Decrease overall weight and more importantly "unsprung" weight with a set of BMR tubular front a-arms. BMR A-arms are manufactured from DOM tubular steel and feature precision laser cut mounting plates and CNC milled ball joint cups to provide you with a very rigid, high quality upgrade to the factory suspension. These a-arms are built extremely rigid and are equally at home on the street or at the track, whether it be drag racing or autocross. Both upper and lower a-arms are compatible with all stock components and come equipped with swaybar mounts unlike other "race only" setups. Available standard in your color choice of red or black powdercoat, additional colors also available by special order.
If a part is marketed as extreme, better than stock and high quality there is a level of expectation the the parts each and every customer buys are indeed "extreme", "better than stock" and "high quality".

Comapnies that stand behind their products know that their will be failures and should plan accordingly.

I suspect Lee has spent more in salary chasing this fire than he ever would have spent just replacing the part and keeping a satisfied customer.

I know he and Brett spent a decent amount doing just that on me.

At this point, the customer is screwed. It's a matter of principal and ego now and not what is the right thing to do.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I wouldn't say I am "screwed" per se, because the car's fine now, it has stock arms back on and I know damn well they'll last nearly forever. My beef is I kinda thought the same of the BMR arms. I wanted BMR to at least help me offset the cost of buying new arms from the dealership since due to the fact that I'm getting married Saturday I am 100% broke. I didn't want replacements because I don't want to be going through this again in another year, which is what will happen due to the design of the arms. They're weak on the shock mount areas, it's pretty cut and dry. But, whatever, I'm really burnt out on this subject, I'm not here trying to form sides and get people to agree with me, I couldn't care less. I just figured I'd give the next person that wanted to buy these a heads-up as to what could, and very likely might, happen to him/her. Anyway like I said the car is fine now, I'm sure it will be for years and years, so it doesn't matter anymore. What's done is done, what's been said has been said. Just think before you buy, that's all I was trying to say to begin with.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

I realize your motivations ... I had the same motivation when a similar failure occured on a PHB ... with similar results.

There are just too many lemmings to make a difference.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these are what you need. http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...oducts_id=1449
Old 08-31-2006, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BMR has great customer service and Lee goes out of his way to help customers and i dont see how he is wrong in anyway here, there are some people you just cant please
Old 08-31-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Never had a problem with my LG lowers and never heard of anyone having a problem.

I also personally witnessed Lou repairing an LG torque arm that was purchased 2nd hand. He made good on a product which had changed hands ... imagine that ...

See Sig
Old 08-31-2006, 10:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Lets not discuss what other vendors are doing. This thread is about BMR. I deal with contracts, warranties, liquidated damages, risk analysis, etc... on a daily basis at my job. There is a reason warranties exist, and it is never a company's responsibility to 'have' to do anything outside of the warranty period. From a business standpoint, they have done nothing wrong. They even offered you a severely discounted replacement, and they didn't have to.

You are just bitching now, because you didn't get your way. If my 98 Formula blew up tomorrow, I'd be happy if GM could find me a replacement of equal value for half the price. Not sure why you think this is different.

You came off wrong with the attitude that someone OWED you something from this. Had you been more polite about things, maybe BMR would have been more willing to help you out even further.

Quick Reply: BMR front lower control arms