Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni DA setup?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006 | 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Lower Spring

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Here's the problem with DA's (one of them). Too much to play with for folks who don't know what they are doing.

First, "out of the box" settings are NOT pre-set. You could end up with all different bump and rebound settings if you don't set them yourself.

Second, the rebound range is the very same as in the SA's

Third, full soft on bump is the same as SA's, and IMHO the best setting to use most times, certainly on the street.

Fourth, I *own* my own DA's, but yet run SA's on the car. Less to break, less to monkey with.

Fifth and finally while not a key in this case, DA's do NOT have the provision for the lower spring height.
And yeah, what the hell is the GT/aggressive driving setting exactly? I've never even seen such a statement before. Just curious as I don't have a clue about what settings those really are.
Sam,

What do you mean by the provison for lower spring height? Are you saying they don't have an adjustable spring perch?
Old 09-21-2006 | 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mark A. Rogalski
Sam,

What do you mean by the provison for lower spring height? Are you saying they don't have an adjustable spring perch?
That's what he was saying. They only have one (stock) spring perch location on the front shocks.
Old 09-23-2006 | 04:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by trackbird
That's what he was saying. They only have one (stock) spring perch location on the front shocks.
That can't be right, or Koni is wrong. Site clearly states for under both DA and SA shocks "Features adjustable spring seat for ride height adjustment."

Koni Pontiac Section (Includes FBody Shocks Information)
Old 09-23-2006 | 07:34 AM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

That can't be right, or Koni is wrong. Site clearly states for under both DA and SA shocks "Features adjustable spring seat for ride height adjustment."

Koni's site is wrong on the DA's.
Old 09-23-2006 | 08:08 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by JimMueller
Koni's site is wrong on the DA's.
Plus 1.
Old 09-23-2006 | 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

Unless something has changed in the last few weeks or so , it's wrong. I have DA's on my car and there is no second perch. I've installed SA's on cars and they have the perch, so I know what it looks like. It appears that their site is wrong.
Old 10-02-2006 | 11:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Yeah, what do I know????
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion