Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

driving w/o a sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 01:59 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Driving on the street with no front sway bar is no different than driving on slicks. Can you do it, YES. Can you do it safely, YES. Is it reccomended, HELL NO! Just because you haven't gotten into an accident or haven't had any issues yet, doesn't mean it's safe.

So if you feel comfortable running on slicks at 15psi on the street, than you should feel comfortable running no front sway bar. But if you do get into an accident and it's discovered that you altered the suspension by deleting an integral part, good luck claiming that on your insurance.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont want to add fuel tot he fire but How much can removing the front swaybar do for ya at the track? I dont think i want to drive around with it un hooked but i might try it at the track . can you just remove the one endlink and try that or do you have to remove both endlinks?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:41 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

When you remove one endlink, you essentially disable the swaybar. Will it help, maybe, some say yes, while others don't notice much difference. When I had drag radials, I dropped my 60' time from 1.88 to 1.84 back to back from disconnecting my sway bar. That could have been from disabling the sway bar, or it could have been a number of other variables such as launch rpm, tire temp etc.

Quick Reply: driving w/o a sway bar