Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Before and after pics with Strano Springs!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Greg.... just give me a call @ 814-849-3450, which is what I was going to tell you on the e-mail. If I don't answer, just leave a message and I'll call you back.

We'll work through the options, and all three are workable (and there are others too). Pro-kits will be low man on the list though, we can do better and use those because they are the minimum workable springs but give a height some folks are after. I'm not crazy about looks first, function second, but some people are.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-23-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Um... no. Usually they are right about 1", mine are pretty consistantly 1.2 or so. And you said nothing at all explaining why. You are 100% entitled to your opinion, and I encourage you speaking up because that's what makes for good tech discussion. But you have to have something to base your thoughts on that's tangible. Pictures aren't measuring, they are pictures of different cars with different wheels, tires, paint colors, graphics, backgrounds, all of which can fool the eye.
Looking at this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...9&page=1&pp=20
and some cars ive seen b4 the hotchkis just usually seems to be pretty low. There might be a few cars that sit kind of high on it but most I see sit decently low. Im not saying your wrong by any means and you seen more of them then me im sure but that is just my experiance and what I seen with the hotchkis. I know from car to car and tires/wheel packages do make a big diff.
Most the cars I seen the with hotchkis kit looks to sit like this one
Old 01-23-2007, 12:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

I understand, but you are basing that off pictures, which can be misleading. I look at that SS, and it looks good, but not any lower than a car with my springs on average. And each car varies too, your car may not be that low with the very same springs installed (and I see you have them waiting to put on).

I'm not trying to bust you nuts here, and I know you were trying to help. But the biggest issue with the internet is incomplete or misleading information.... And for every picture of A you have showing a "nice height", someone can counter with B, C, or D.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-23-2007, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I understand, but you are basing that off pictures, which can be misleading. I look at that SS, and it looks good, but not any lower than a car with my springs on average. And each car varies too, your car may not be that low with the very same springs installed (and I see you have them waiting to put on).

I'm not trying to bust you nuts here, and I know you were trying to help. But the biggest issue with the internet is incomplete or misleading information.... And for every picture of A you have showing a "nice height", someone can counter with B, C, or D.
I agree we will see how mine sits this spring . I will be buying the konis from you and I have the money now I just dont want them to be sitting around so ill wait till im rdy to install them. I will do a before and after measurement as well after I put a few miles on them.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it.

But i tend to like them a little lower in the back
Old 01-23-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

Sam, I will be calling you in the near future.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Damn Dude That Helped Soo Much
Old 01-26-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PedroDePackas
How much did the springs lower the car? It looks real good. And damn is your garage clean .
Ditto.... you must've just moved in recently I'm guessing
Old 05-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Launching!

man car looks incredible in that last pic, guess i know what ill be ordering next month! I was thinking about going with the bilstein shocks, has anyone had any experience with that setup?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

talk about back from the dead...8 month old thread

Quick Reply: Before and after pics with Strano Springs!