Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR torque arm broke in half... WTF!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davered00ss
lol. This is not the first post about one of those. BMR flammed me last time I commented on it too.

Flammed you? How So? last email I had with you it was still unclear if you had pinion angle adjusted properly and I commented on by the looks of the pictures you sent it was not.....

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 10-02-2006, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

I take it you guys dont plan on doing anything to help me with this problem?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:05 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
its pretty common with the 12 bolts. you gotta figure out a way to make sure they say in there securely. lots of loctite.

Yep. I had heard this before and therefore I periodically check my '02 Z28. It has a BMR torque arm/Moser 12 bolt combo. Once I found my bottom bolts had loosened and a few months later I found my tops had come loose.

Kinda sucks as it's one more item I need to add to an already lengthy maintenance list.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by CamaroSS621
cruising home on the PA turnpike, doing 70mph. not speeding not beating on the car or anything..all the sudden, I hear a smack and DING DING DING. I pull over right away, look under my car and see the torque tube laying there. Its only been on the car for 2000 miles. Im gonna call BMR on monday and see if they will do anything (doubt it) Ill post pics tomorrow night. Can you guys give me any ideas for a good torque arm with a moser 12 bolt?

Waited to hear from you this morning and never recieved a call....judging from the pictures you posted the general consensus is correct. The Moser 12-bolt has a bad history of if the bolts come loose(and they quite often due) they break the torque arm bracket in the manner shown in your pictures. I can understand your aggrevation about the situation but why not call me and discuss the problems you are having before letting it come down to "BMR torque arm broke in half... WTF!!" I am still willing till help resolve the situation......

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 10-02-2006, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

wow. Ok guys heres the deal...
I called BMR and talked to lee. He took very good care of me. I honestly didnt know that my TA was a older version and they are known for getting loose and breaking like that. I didnt expect BMR to do anything escecially since of the qoutes on the website. Let's just say Lee took very good care of me and I am very happy so far. ill keep you guys updated when I install the new and updated one thrusday night.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

CamaroSS621 ignore the following.

To all of you that think loose bolts are the TA's fault you need to get a clue. It states on the installation instructions of the TA that the bolts may come loose and that no combo of loctite or washers is a substitute for periodic tightening of the bolts. Think about it. Would you blame your oil if you never changed it? Would you blame the dealer for not telling you to change the oil? Really you need to be mindful of any and all mods you do. Just going to an installer and saying "I want this installed..." and then driving it with no cares is not good enough.

I'm a huge fan of BMR and remember they use the same steel that every other company uses. I work in a sales/service job and in my business its all about making the customer happy. If you take a hostile tone and throw the blame at the manufacturer they are going to give you no special treatment. If you admit you are a goon and can’t follow somple instructions you will be treated like a goon. If you come prepared and have a little knowledge you will be amazed at how much a manufacturer will do for you. Wake up and take responsibility for you actions or lack there of.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:04 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BMR gets a SEMA booth for 2007 courtesy of the one and only Urban Legend.Nice to see that BMR stepped up to help.

Quick Reply: BMR torque arm broke in half... WTF!!