Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Replaced Tranny Mount... Still Bangs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replaced Tranny Mount... Still Bangs.

Replaced the transmission mount on my 02 TA today. Certainly did a lot of good since the old one was ripped in half. But i'm still getting a clunking sound that's driving me crazy, thankfully not as bad as before, So I guess it has to be the Torque Arm Mount/ Bushing. Replaced the Trans mount with a poly one so I guess I should get a poly TA bushing as well, anyone know where I can get one? Any sponsors sell em? thanks.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

I noticed you have a custom exhaust... you might want to check and make sure that your exhaust isn't banging into the underside of the car. I don't know that you would really be able to hear the torque arm banging if that mount had some play. If your old trans mount was wasted, when your whole drivetrain would move, it may have moved your exhaust as well. Now that its fixed, your exhaust may still be misadjusted. I had that happen to me... Just a thought before you spend more money... plus that torque arm mount is kind of a pain to change.

And for what its worth, you can probably get the poly torque arm mount from a local autozone for less than you will spend to buy it online AND pay shipping and handling.

Good Luck
Old 10-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Launching!

mine bangs every once and a while too, so i got a new trans mount and im going to install it this weekend.