Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bent Frame?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 06:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent Frame?????

Here's the deal, a couple months ago I took my car in to get an alignment. The guy at the shop(quality place) asks me if I've ever been in an accident or hit a curb or anything and I tell him no. He says that the most he can get the passenger side camber to is -0.5 I believe. He set both tires like that and said I might need to replace that spindle or something. I didn't think much of it until the other day when I was looking at my car and noticed that the rear passenger side was sitting lower than the driver side. That got me thinking that maybe my frame had gotten bent at some point. Does this sound like the problem to you guys?

If so, does anyone know how much it usually costs for a body shop to fix it? Thanks.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:28 AM
On The Tree

I'm sure the repair fee would vary from shop to shop, but I don't think it would cost you too much to have a body shop put it up on their frame rack to determine exactly where the problem is stemming from and then give you an estimate. I think any good body shop would be able to do that for you.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A reputable alignment tech can tell you if you have a bent knuckle by doing a camber sweep.

It doesn't take much of a side impact to bend a knuckle.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:07 AM
TECH Junkie

There are tons and tons of threads where people note the rear passenger side sits lower than the driver's side. It's very common. Start by looking at your rear springs and seeing if the tails are both pointed the same way.

-Mike
Old 10-11-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been trying to search but it seems like its always down.