Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help with BMR torque arm relocation bracket.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with BMR torque arm relocation bracket.

I have an M6 and I need to know if the torque arm should be level when mounted to the new cross-member bracket.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I tightened mine with the rear loaded on a jack
Old 10-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed mine using the fifth set of holes from the bottom - basically to put the TA in the same position as it was when attached to the TA. Height-wise this just under the original location of the TA to the tranmission. I tried the top holes and found out my torque arm (BMR Adj) was actually hitting the floor pan - that was on my ride - yours maybe different. Also I had to adjust my pinion angle to get it back in spec once I had TA and Relocation bracets installed. The instructions supplied by BMR don't tell you which holes to use -you'll have to find out what works for you.

Best of luck.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:38 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi
Re 98, A4 - stock ride hight

I have the same unit. I originally mounted the torque arm as high as I could, while not hitting the under side of the tunnel. It is very tight in there. I assume the top hole will not work on many cars without hitting. I figured higher was better for traction (increase the instant centre).

I noticed alot of thumping through the floor at the consol and my rear supension became quite rough riding. Later, I moved it down to approximately level. I believe this was 3 holes down from top. It realy smoothed out the ride and no negative affect on traction. Big improvement form a small adjustment.

I assume the front part that slides in the poly bushing needs to be about level in the bushing to get full freedom. If not, it restrics some movement. Thats just my theory.

I would say set the torque arm about level at the top.

JA
Old 10-21-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys, just what I was looking for!

Quick Reply: Need help with BMR torque arm relocation bracket.