Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake Rotors..

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006 | 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Default Brake Rotors..

I was looking on ebay for some rotors and seen what all they had, Does any one on here recomend the drilled/slotted rotors they sell on there? They are only wanting 140ish for the front and rear. I am just wondering since they are cheap if it is okay to go with them.. They are made by Power Slot I think.

Lane
Old 10-24-2006 | 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Not really familiar with the ones on E-bay. I got mine from a post here bout a year and a half ago. At that time I think I paid 250.00 for all four rotors and some Axsis pads that came with them. They have served me well except for the fact that the pads do dust alot! But I clean the car once a week no matter what so its not too bad.
When these pads wear out I will probably go back to the stock pads. I must say that they do look nice on the car though. Stock rotors were crap! Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 10-25-2006 | 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

You will probably get more responses and find a lot more information in the Handling & Braking section.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16
Old 10-26-2006 | 04:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have some power slot rotors that are slotted and "DIMPLED" (meaning they are not drilled all the way through, but look like it" after seeing a bunch drilled FACTORY rotors cracked i'm sorta swayed away from getting them. And i'm talking about factory drilled rotors that have cracked with under 5k miles.
Old 10-26-2006 | 05:40 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Originally Posted by Shallow Bay
You will probably get more responses and find a lot more information in the Handling & Braking section.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

What part of "Engine" pertains to brake rotors? I will move it where it needs to be.
Old 10-26-2006 | 03:13 PM
On The Tree

I got some really cheap drilled rotors on ebay, like $40 a peice. They work great for normal road driving. When pushed very hard on canyon twisties and track, the rotors overheat and they warp like mad, then are fine again after cooling down...that's what you get for being a cheapskate. Not the same quality of materials and manufacturing as name brand. But for $40 a peice, I'd buy another set.