Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Poly Torque Arm Mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006 | 04:30 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Default Poly Torque Arm Mount

Just installed one b/c my stocker was shot, and have only drivin the car a bit since then, easy driving, just wondering what the pros and cons are of a energy suspensions polyurethane torque arm..
Old 10-28-2006 | 11:45 PM
TECH Junkie

On a stock torque arm I cant imagine much really, that thing is so damn flimsy its ridiculous. On that note, I think my stock mount is shot too and will probably replace it with a prothane mount.
Old 10-28-2006 | 11:47 PM
TECH Veteran

My guess is less change of pinnion angle. Less wheel hop? More road feel.
Old 10-29-2006 | 01:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Increased bind and less deflection, which with the front of the torque arm, really isn't anything much to worry about since there is very little movement.

As concerns with longevity, the life span may be about the same since while the poly may not break apart when well lubricated, it will creep (distortion of a plastic nature, and not one of elastic nature) and permanently deform which can loosen over a period of time, which is why I prefer a TA and it's mount with a cylindrical mount hole as opposed to the akward "E" or "3" shape that the stock TA uses.

Wheel hop is mostly relieved with the pinion angle adjustment of an adjustible TA.