Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

control arm angle

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default control arm angle

when i put on my UMI control arms, they sit on an angle towards the body mount. the car isnt lowered and i put oem rear springs just to make sure. i know im gonna need the brackets, but what would cause it to angle the opposite way besides lowering.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Teching In

The factory LCA's angle down toward the front at stock ride height. For cornering performance you want this to cause the rear end of the car to steer into the corner with roll. This rear steer allows you to get on the throttle earlier and harder on corner exit.

For drag racing only, you want the LCA's to slope up toward the body as much as possible, the exact opposite of what you want for cornering.

Jason S.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Veteran

so for street leave it?

i heard that ill still have wheelhop on this angle and not on the rearward slope.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Wheel hop has more to do with the crappy stock star LCA bushings and their compliance than it does with LCA angle. I've run my car with the LCAs VERY angled (sloping down toward the front) in testing and still never got wheel hop under acceleration. Brake wheel hop is another thing entirely...

Jason S.