Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Good Torque Arm that will work with my tru duals pictured?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Good Torque Arm that will work with my tru duals pictured?

I need some torque arm options that will work with my true duals pictured below. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The BMR TA and their relocation bracket is what I went with, and it works well w/ my duals.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

With that set-up you will want to go with a transmission mounted torque arm for sure, either our adjustable or non-adjustable will work just fine with that set-up. I pasted (2) links below to the torque arms I would recommend as well as a picture of one installed with a true dual system. If you have any questions please ask and I am glad to help. Thank you! Ryan

www.umiperformance.com/2205.aspx
www.umiperformance.com/2206.aspx

Old 11-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Restricted User

Man, I really wanted to get away from having it mounted to the tranny. It has got to be hard on the mounts doing a 4K launch on 4.10's with that thing attached. How much power have you guys put to this style mounting apparatus and what are the pro's and con's. I have a Strange S60 rear that is not pictured, does that make any difference?
Old 11-04-2006, 11:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Well we can help with that and yes I too recommend getting it off the transmission at some point to prevent future problems. You can go with a torque arm relocation kit, it allows you to use any transmission mounted torque arm but have it attached off the transmission. Take a look at the link below, it has information as well as many installation pictures. It does get expensive buying both the relocation kit and torque arm but we are running a 10% off sale right now that will help If you have any questions please ask and I am glad to help.

www.umiperformance.com/2207.aspx

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 11-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Restricted User

Should I still get the lca relocation brackets? I am on a 28" tall DR with stock ride height. Will it help me to hook? Or is the TA enough. Sweet setup by the way. It's not too bad on the wallet as I was going to buy a tubular tranny brace anyway.

Quick Reply: Good Torque Arm that will work with my tru duals pictured?