Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Abs Sensor Question...please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs Sensor Question...please Help!!

Well I Messed Up!!! I Was Cutting Through The Endlink (on The Passenger Side Front) Of My 2000 Camaro, Because The Bolt Was Stripped Out. Anyway Here Is Where I Need The Help!!! Ok There Is A Wire That Connects With A Connector To The Inside Of The Hub---abs Sensor?? Well When I Cut Through The Endlink The Angle Cutter Jumped And Cut The Sensor Right Off!!! Yeah It Sucks!! My Fault Was Real Tired Of Working On Car!!!

-is This The Abs Sensor?
-do I Have To Purchase The Entire Hub?
-part #s Price???
-best Place To Buy One?

Thanks For Yalls Help!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 01:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch. It has been a long, long time since I have messed with spindles but I think the sensor is part of the hub so you might have to get a whole hub or just run w/o the ABS. The only place you could probably get it is the dealer or gmpartsdirect.com. Might try ebay but that is never a sure thing. Sorry on the bad luck with that.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the speed sensor, yes. Get a new hub and a new wiring pigtail, bolt em up and you are fine. You can drive it without that sensor; you will get an ABS light. I had a wire drop off the a arm and rub on the ground until it failed...same result.

You will not have abs but your normal brakes will work fine.

You will have to buy an entire hub, but our hubs are universal (left or right) and you can usually get one on here for cheap.