Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering car?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering car?????

I am possible thinking aboout lowering my car now after debating about it for a long time my question to you guys is I have 18x9.5 wheels in the back with 275/35/18 tires and if I lower it with say something like the Strano springs will it fit or make me do any modifications.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

If you wheel offset is right then no, no mods. The SS's came with 275/40-17's (same general width and height) on a 17x9 stock.

Wheel and tire fitment is always a wheel/tire fitment issue and not a suspension issue. You might at times need to run an adjustable PHB (always smart with a lowered car anyway), but if your wheels are just too big, they are just too big. If you can't stuff your size 11's in a size 9 shoe, it's not the shoes fault, it's the fitment you are trying to use.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yah I mean they have no problem now and those wheels required no modifications when I put them on I just didn't know if I dropped the car an inch or so if it would rub or mess any thing up. When you lower the car and put an adjustable phb on there....Is the phb normally gonna be set shorter or longer than the stock one. I have an aftermarket one right now but it is non adjustable.