Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

drag suspension help

Old 11-10-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default drag suspension help

alright, my suspension mods consist of lca's with relo brackets, adj ta, sfc's, and tubular kmber, but with stock shocks and springs. personally i would like the car to be a little lower but its not a MUST. what im looking for is a drag suspension for the street. my suspension right now is really stiff and with no weight transfer. our local track hooks really good and the car has seen 1.6x 60fts so im not worried too much about track racing. i want a shock and spring setup (or just shocks) that will pretty much dead hook my car from a dig on the street. can someone please help me?
Old 11-10-2006, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is "no" sure way to get your car to hook on the street.. gonna take alot of time/effort to get it to do it.. But what work's on one street, don't mean it'll work on the next.. i'd say at minimum a set of QA1's all around will be a decent start.. then it's all in the tuning of it...
Old 11-10-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah, but i've heard several say that the qa1s wont hold up long on street drivin.

and yes i agree that every street is different and that the suspension will have to be tuned a little. but basically what im lookin for is some recommendations to certain brands or combinations that some of you all have that is working good for you. i could care less about road racing or handling. i just want something thats gonna throw the front end in the air upon launch
Old 11-10-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RICEETER
yeah, but i've heard several say that the qa1s wont hold up long on street drivin.

and yes i agree that every street is different and that the suspension will have to be tuned a little. but basically what im lookin for is some recommendations to certain brands or combinations that some of you all have that is working good for you. i could care less about road racing or handling. i just want something thats gonna throw the front end in the air upon launch
I'm sort of in the same boat you are. I have talked to BMR (the car I bought looks like it has BMR springs on it) and they recommended Koni SA's or revalved Bilsteins. Sam Strano said the same. As far as throwing the front end up in the air, you can do that the QA1's. But like you said those aren't good street shocks. If you're gonna drive your car on the street, you can't have a suspension setup that's gonna transfer weight like that. It's a big trade off game.

Search this Thread