Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

qa1 and 275 pound spring install

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default qa1 and 275 pound spring install

I just finished this install, i set the front end up with 26 inches between the top of the wheel and the ground, in the back i used stock springs with comp enginering shocks. The black plastic piece under the front of the car drags when i hit bigger bumps but the nose of the car is not dragging at all. I have done searches and found that others have set thier front ride hight up the same way. I am wondering if any of you are having the same drag problem? and if so what did you do? Is it ok to take the plastic peice of, or should i jjust trim it down some? Thanks guys
Old 11-12-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

long story short- thoes springs dont have enough rate to keep your front end off the ground.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Launching!

Well That sorta sucks, i mean the car is 80 % a drag car so i can deal with it i guess, any suggestions besides buying new springs?
Old 11-12-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 97lt1z28
Well That sorta sucks, i mean the car is 80 % a drag car so i can deal with it i guess, any suggestions besides buying new springs?
you can play with the adjustments to see how far that will take you, but other than that ive got nothing.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
long story short- thoes springs dont have enough rate to keep your front end off the ground.
Exactly, we always use and recommend the 275 springs on vehicles with front end weight reduction. The 300# springs are going to be much better on a full weight vehicle. So basically its not the weight just the rate.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 11-13-2006, 11:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

It's also too low. The springs are lighter than stock, and the car is lower than stock. Bad combination. All you can really do to help is run more front compression to slow down impacts, you would hit a little less often. The other trouble is that it seems most HAL's/QA1's don't have bumpstops which on this front suspension is a big problem. Team that up with running lower and not enough spring rate and it's no surprise why we hear about a lot of front shock failures.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!