Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what to check 1st

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what to check 1st

ok so my buddy just bit a curb pretty bad in the rain the other night with his bird and now his rear end feels a little loose, there is a very slight lateral movement back in forth in the rear when he goes over bumbs and rough pavement, around 80ish there is a very steady muffled rattleing sound almost like when you've got some wheel hop off the line or some thing. everything looks centered to the rest of the car, i stuck my head under it real quick today and didnt notice anything apparent, everything looks like its in one piece and still attatched correctly so we're gonna throw it up on a lift tomorrow and do a more thorough check over, i've got some ideas of what to check out but if anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be great! and thanks in advance
Old 11-12-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Check the axle flange, ive seen a couple of thoes bend after a run in with curbs.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

nope, the axle flange is tit.. its wierd we couldnt find anything busted or loose, there was some play in his bushings so hes gonna swap them out, but im pretty sure theres gotta be somin else messed up with it to be driving the way it does. any other ideas? gonna try new bushings, other than that i think he just may have to bring it into a shop.. ?