Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Level 3 suspension

Old 11-17-2006, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Level 3 suspension

I'm looking at buying an SS from my friends relative and it has the SLP level 3 suspension package on it. The highest level I've ever heard of is 2. I'd like to know what all this package has and how rare is it.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think there was ever a SLP level 3 suspension. Maybe he means a level 2 or maybe 1le with the konis.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

It's listed here but doesn't say what it is http://www.firehawkowners.com/rpo/slp.html
Is it one of these?: Camaro SS
Sounds pretty awesome if so.
All LT4 SS cars have the 30th-anniversary package, which includes the orange stripes, white wheels, and 30th-anniversary interior appointments. The only SS LT4 options are a Level III Bilstein suspension package and BFG Comp T/A R1 tires, which are designed mainly for track use. Whether the standard Comp T/As or R1s are specified, they remain a P275/40ZR17 size all around.

Our time in the car was painfully brief as we wheeled around the area of SLP's Detroit offices. Putting the performance of the LT4 SS in terms we can all understand, SLP coins it "Viper territory for tens of thousands less." While track testing was definitely something we wanted to do, Detroit-area weather just wouldn't allow it. But the low-13-second numbers that SLP has generated are easily believable after having had a chance to feel the LT4's urgent power delivery on the street.

Unfortunately, there is a number that pertains to the LT4 SS that we are sad to report. It is, of course, 100--the scant number of cars that have been built and already sold. We have, however, settled on the fact that at least in today's times, we're all lucky enough to see this kind of outrageous factory performance being offered at all.
If that's what it is I'd ****** it up if the price is reasonable.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

The car is a 98 ss so I don't know if they had something special for the first year of the new body style. I do know that his uncle to the car to an open track event for his corvette club and he beat everyone there. He's also been to driving school so that could be irrelevant. I might email SLP and see what they say.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

I'd contact SLP. The only thing I could find is it's a bilstein package, they should be able to give you the complete poop on it.
Beating up on cars that cost more is fun! We took the 69 Camaro to a Shelby open track day after all the suspension and engine stuff was done and beat up on Cobra kit cars all day

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP Level 3 suspension