Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Torque arm question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BMR Torque arm question

Question for those of you that have installed a BMR torque arm (or something equivalent).

Did it increase the rearend gear noise apparent in the car (for those of you that have an exhaust that would allow you hear anything) ?

I have been chasing a gear whine ever since I put the new rear in the car. Have tried two sets of gears, new setups, new ds, balanced everything, still can't get rid of it. Guys at the shop I am using have consulted with three other camaro guys in the area and all say that the torque arm magnifies and amplifies the existing noise, but I don't remember hearing about that previously. Mine is the adjustable with the front urethane mount.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Tim
Old 11-22-2006, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

I have a BMR chrome moly adjustable also and a 12 bolt DTS,3.73,s. I have no noise that I know of,but I have mac headers,ory and magnaflow . I dont see how that would cause a rear gear noise.What gears do you have ? and rear.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mortosport 4.30's in an 8.8
Old 11-22-2006, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

4.30,s are pretty low in a street car at least to me they are maybe that is the reason for the noise. A while back I had 56 chevy pro street with a 9" and 4.56,s they made some noise.