Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Baer GTP Pads...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Baer GTP Pads...

What replacement pads would ya'll recommend for the Baer GTP 2 piece front (13") and new stock size Baer eradispeed rear rotors...? I have had this kit on the car since 2001 and haven't had to replace pads yet.

Had to buy new rears because of cracks (go figure). I'm thinking of going with the Hawk HPS but not sure what will fit the front calipers. I may have to call Baer to see what caliper they used for the F-Body GTP kits. Is there a difference between the F-Body and Corvette front calipers?
Old 11-23-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

How much brake dust are you willing to put up with? I know you have a lot of power for the brakes to slow down, and the last thing you need is a set that will fade. I belive the calipers on your car are the C5 calipers. That being said your open to a lot of different pad compounds, it just comes down to how much dust and noise you can deal with.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
How much brake dust are you willing to put up with? I know you have a lot of power for the brakes to slow down, and the last thing you need is a set that will fade. I belive the calipers on your car are the C5 calipers. That being said your open to a lot of different pad compounds, it just comes down to how much dust and noise you can deal with.
The pads originally used with the kit are great. Not sure if they are ceramic or what but very little dust and good braking. Yeah I've already thought about the dust situation. If was strictly a track car I would go with a different compound and not worry about the dust but being a street car with some spirited driving I may just go with Hawks or something comparable...any other suggestions??