Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Offset upper control arm bushings are available

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 12:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Offset upper control arm bushings are available

I just wanted to let you know that we have been making replacement bushing for the upper control arms that are offset, and we are making a run soon and I wanted to make sure the folks here knew about them.

They are CNC machined Delrin bushings. The bolt-hole is offset to the side which in turn moves the location of the upper control arm. This was done primarily for those of us who race in classes that do not allow replacement of the entire upper arm but needed to increase out negative camber. However, there are some benefits to those of you who do not race as well.

The bushings can be installed with the hole turned opposite of the way we use them to race, taking negative camber *OUT* of the car. Ideal for those of you who have lowered your cars and are tearing up the inside edges of your street tires because you can't back your alignment off enough. In short, the bushings come camber correction kits.

There are two other reasons to consider these bushings instead of alternate adjustable control arms: Reason #1, they don't make any noise like rod-ends can be prone to as they wear. Reason #2, these bushings in the stock GM arm come in lighter than tubular upper control arms, so you aren't adding any weight to the front of the car.

They bushings are not cheap, I readily admit that. It's because they aren't cheap cast parts. Each part is CNC'ed to some really tight tolerances, which takes time, and these can't really be mass-produced. A set of the 4 upper bushings is $175.

If you have any questions, please feel 100% free to call me. Happy to answer them. Posted here as this is a very "suspension" related thing that I feel has relevance only to this particular section of LS1tech.com.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I'll help.

Last summer, exactly 1.7 nanoseconds after they became available, I installed a set of these bushings in my stock arms.

I ran aftermarket arms on the front of my car for several years and I haven't been unhappy with these bushings one bit. If anybody has any experience with machine work, you'll really appreciate how nice these are. I like my offset bushings.

So why did I take off the aftermarket arms only to replace them with stock arms and offset bushings? The same reason I'm cutting the SFCs off my car this weekend.

Stop laughing Sam....
Old 11-30-2006, 11:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm not laughing at you Korry.... Really.

And it's wasn't 1.7 nanoseconds, it was more like 3. Geez, your an autocrosser, you need to develop a better sense of time my friend.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I'm not laughing at you Korry.... Really.
I know. It was more of an attempt to make light of yet another part I'm taking off the car. One that would never have been installed if I had only known then what I know now.

*shrug* Oh well. I'm having waaaay more fun now. Thanks in part to these bushings.

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
And it's wasn't 1.7 nanoseconds, it was more like 3. Geez, your an autocrosser, you need to develop a better sense of time my friend.
It seemed faster to me. Stephen Hawking must have had a hand in the design of those championship jackets. They seem to have some way of slowing down time for you guys. Let me walk around in one for a while.

Last edited by Ironhead; 11-30-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sam

what is the camber adjustment range of these bushings with the 1" hotchkis lower springs I bought from you?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:19 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You change your camber by about 1/2 degree (.5) more or less with the offset bushings. Racers want more negative, those with slammed street cars would install them opposite to lessen camber by the 1/2 degree.

Quick Reply: Offset upper control arm bushings are available