Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Please Read, A Note From UMI Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent to you Ryan - here is hoping for a speedy recovery! Drinks are on me next time I'm in PA.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Deer wins by TKO! Good luck on a fast recovery. Thanks for all the nice products and great customer service.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damm dude! Tell me you at least got a look at a Boone & Crocket record!! LOL! My prayers go out to ya, hope you get a speedy recovery with no complications. I just recieved my new adjustable tourque arm, looks awesome and cant wait to get it installed!! Merry Christmas!!
Chad
Old 11-29-2006, 08:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you everyone very much, I really appreciate the good words and prayers! I am true believer that God was with me that day. I know I am very fortunate, I could have easily hit my head on a rock, broke my neck or leg and laid there for hours before someone came to find me. After I fell I got up and couldn't believe what just happened. I felt my face and no blood, I still had all my teeth and I could walk and move my neck, I was amazed and immediatly prayed. I couldn't move my right arm or shoulder, it was stuck and I had to keep pressure on it or I felt as if I was going to pass out. My walkie talkie was still in the tree so I couldn't call for help, luckily my vehicle was parked only a 150 yards away, I walked to it and managed to get my keys and get in it. I drove 2 miles on a bumpy dirt road trying to steer while still holding pressure on my arm and just about ready to pass out. I finally got to my Grandmothers house about 15 minutes later. My Grandmother can not drive a car, so luckily my aunt was visiting at the moment was able to rush me to the ER. By the time I got there was I ready to pass out, it was the worst pain I ever felt in my life. They tried some drugs to put my shoulder back in place but I faught it to much and they could not get it. So I had to go into the OR where they put me under and it took 8 people to put shoulder back in.

Well the good news is, I am out the hospital and back to work. I have limited use on my arm until the pain goes away but I am suprised at how well it is going now. I still have two fractors that need looked at but will most likely heal on there own.

Now the funny story, how I fell . It was a slow morning and no deer to be seen, just a few Elk. I am very impatient and was getting bored. I had to take a pee but didn't want to crawl down out of my stand so I decided to pee out of the stand, I figured I wasn't going to see anything anyhow so it didn't matter.. well not such a good idea. As I was using the bathroom I was leaning foward on the railing, well the railing snapped and down I went with it. So I got no deer or even saw one, just me being stupid.

Anyways, we are getting back on track and I am doing the best I can to get caught up. If you have a order please check status with Marlena by e-mailing marlena@umiperformance.com she will get you a answer. But yes please understand our sale and Christmas is causing a few delays but nothing we can't handle!

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it!
Ryan
Old 11-29-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TMI ....
Old 11-29-2006, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

I'll bet $10 that piddling on yourself isn't the only thing ya did when that railing snapped.

Glad you still have your sense of humor about ya!
Old 11-29-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Now the funny story, how I fell . It was a slow morning and no deer to be seen, just a few Elk. I am very impatient and was getting bored. I had to take a pee but didn't want to crawl down out of my stand so I decided to pee out of the stand, I figured I wasn't going to see anything anyhow so it didn't matter.. well not such a good idea. As I was using the bathroom I was leaning foward on the railing, well the railing snapped and down I went with it.
Nice visual, Ryan.

Seriously, though, I just saw this thread and when I read the first line it was a shock. I am glad that everything seems to be okay. You will be up-and-at-'em again in no time, I'm sure. Just take it easy for the time-being and get yourself well. Take care.

Joe
Old 11-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Restricted User

Working on a new tree stand yet ? Get well soon, &
see ya @ carlisle in 07.
Dale
Old 11-30-2006, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Hi Ryan

Glad to hear you're doing well, you sound like a truely Good Guy.
Two years ago I fell 14 feet onto a parking lot on my head and
was virtually dead. A week later (and lots of head pain) i walked out
of the hospital. Still suffer from a form of veritgo, but all these thoughts
and prayers I'm sure are helping you in some way!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Speedy recovery to you Ryan.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

I hope you get well quick!

Sorry, I can just see lying there in pain, in a puddle of urine, trying hard to get your fly up!

Thanks for the laugh!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Azrael
I hope you get well quick!

Sorry, I can just see lying there in pain, in a puddle of urine, trying hard to get your fly up!

Thanks for the laugh!
Remember Ryan, this post demonstrates that you can always, always, always, count on your friends.

Glad to hear that your recovery is going well.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

I blame Dick Chaney.
get well soon.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by trackbird
Remember Ryan, this post demonstrates that you can always, always, always, count on your friends.

Glad to hear that your recovery is going well.
I am sure he just told the docs that the fall scared the **** out of him!

Sorry Ryan, but we really do hope for your quick recovery! It just may be easier to recover from the fall than the story...
Old 11-30-2006, 07:25 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks everyone, I thought you would enjoy the laugh. It wasn't funny at first but now that I am healing quick its a good story to tell . At first I just "fell out" when the railing broke but now I tell the truth since the pain is gone the embarassment is over, so out comes the pee story ha ha

Lucky I was done doing my business when it broke. But I think the funniest would have been seeing me walking through the woods with my pants half down because I couldn't button them back up To bad its not all on video, I bet I could win some money with this one!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good to hear you're doing well, hope this rest of the recovery continues the same way.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great story!! But only because your ok. Next time dont put the stand in a dead tree best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks Everyone, everything seems to be going well and healing quickly!

Quick Reply: Please Read, A Note From UMI Performance