Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Want to lower car... I have sportlines..

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to lower car... I have sportlines..

I have a set of sportlines that i got off ebay sitting in my garage, But I hikn they lower the car like 2" I dont think I want that much drop.. Shoud I get rid of them and get diffrent springs.. i really dont wanna change shocks... I also have 19" Help Me out
Old 12-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't want to change the shocks, I wouldn't recommend you lower your car. I have a feeling that you don't care much about ride comfort though if you are looking at the Sportlines, but still wouldn't recommend them (they'll SLAM your car). If you are going for looks, I'd probably recommend the Eibach Prokit. If your shocks have some miles on them, I wouldn't expect them to last very long with those springs though.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

I was ignorant before.. I know they arent quality springs.. im gunna sell em... I dont know what im going for.. My shocks have 50k on em... give me a decent setup that wont cost me arm and a leg
Old 12-04-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

Im not trying to be the fastest kid on the block.. My performance upgrades are done... Just dont wanna ruin the ride of the car...
Old 12-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are an instant gratification type of guy (you want results now, not later), get the Eibach Prokit and be done with it. If it was me, I'd call up Sam Strano (board sponsor), and tell him what you are looking for. I'm sure he's dealt with people on a budget. He could at least get you the Eibachs, and make sure they can be matched with decent shocks in the future should you want/need them. He likes to mix and match different springs from different applications (like using an LT-1 Prokit on an LS1 car, etc) to get the desired effect.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

i want to lower my, but I think Im gonna wait until after i get my rims....