Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

pulsing squeal???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pulsing squeal???

I'm just starting to get a very very quiet and pulsing squeal that I believe is coming from up front. I can only hear it at low speeds and with no radio etc. The windows almost have to be down to hear it at all.

Any ideas as to what it is? Wheel bearing?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anybody?? u-joints a possibility? Just want to get a guage before I start playin with it.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:45 PM

Can you define exactly what "pulsating" means in how you're applying it? I know what the definition of the word is, I just wanted further explanation in how you are meaning it.

Now pulsation in the brake pedal means that you brake rotors are warped. They do use light ones from the factory. It is common to just replace them outright as you can't turn them on a lathe.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

By pulsating I mean it has something to do with rotation. At one point in each revolution the squeal is there...Basically it's on and off and gets quicker with speed. That's the best way I can describe it. It is slightly audible when coasting...I can't even tell if it goes away when the brakes are applied.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds similar to what I have. Something on my car squeaks squeaks once per rotation, and gets faster with speed, and goes away when I apply the brake. Which makes me think it's in the brakes. I lubed all the contact surfaces and replaced the caliper hardware months ago.. it wasn't as bad, but still noticeable.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know the brakes should be fine. I have plenty of pad left as wel and the indicators are off of the rotor. But if it is the brakes, oh well, the LS1 upgrade comes springtime.

Quick Reply: pulsing squeal???