Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help quick.koni install

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help quick.all koni's come in

I am installing koni shocks on my ss. I believe that it was the front shocks came with a large washer that has about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter. I need to know where this goes. I know that this might be a stupi question, but i have only installed 1 shock on this car before, and it was a stock one. the shock didnt have a washer like this either.

Last edited by wilwhite2kss; 12-22-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

does anybody know the answer to this question?
Old 12-22-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The washer goes on top of the shock before you put it through the rubber mount. Otherwise, the shock "sinks" into the mount and it can be hard to access the adjuster window on the shock.

Just put it over the stud on the top of the shock and put the mount on there, add the rubber "center" in the top of the mount and tighten it all down. I good coating of antisieze will help make sure it doesn't get stuck to the mount (do the shaft and the nut, etc), or some of us cover the nut and such with grease to prevent rust.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by trackbird
The washer goes on top of the shock before you put it through the rubber mount. Otherwise, the shock "sinks" into the mount and it can be hard to access the adjuster window on the shock.

Just put it over the stud on the top of the shock and put the mount on there, add the rubber "center" in the top of the mount and tighten it all down. I good coating of antisieze will help make sure it doesn't get stuck to the mount (do the shaft and the nut, etc), or some of us cover the nut and such with grease to prevent rust.

Hope that helps.

Yup. that about covers everything i needed to know. Thanks for your help. You wouldnt believe how long it took for me to get that response. Thanks again.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

I'm sorry, man. I couldn't be on here today, but I just did this install last Saturday. I'll try to pay better attention
Old 12-23-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wilwhite2kss
Yup. that about covers everything i needed to know. Thanks for your help. You wouldnt believe how long it took for me to get that response. Thanks again.

Actually, due to the post timer in the corner of each post, I would believe it.....

Sorry, I wasn't around much today and I didn't see this one until it had been a few hours. Glad to help.

Quick Reply: Need help quick.koni install