Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Traction Benefit of Adjustable LCA's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006 | 12:15 PM
CARTEK Racing

Default Traction Benefit of Adjustable LCA's?

I understand that an adjustable lower control arm will help in locating the rear fore and aft. But what I’m wondering is what benefit can they serve over a non-adjustable LCA when it comes to traction on the launch? Right now I am running the BMR non adjustable LCA’s with polyurethane bushings, I am thinking of switching to a set of solid mount lower control arms by either BMR or Madman. What adjustment if any can be done to improve traction with them?

Currently by best 60’ is a 1.40 but I am usually in the 1.42 or 1.43 range with a 28x10.5 15 Stiff sidewall M/T slick, 3325 race weight Heads/Cam 6spd.

Thanks guys.
Old 12-24-2006 | 09:16 AM
CARTEK Racing

don't everyone answer at once...
Old 12-24-2006 | 12:12 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Well...you won't get many responses over something that has been debated so many times, and has been archived for your perusal through the search function. BUT...considering the search function is hit or miss, I'll take a stab at it.

If you get solid, rod-ended components, get them because they will free up any bind that you might have with the polyurethane pieces...but polyurethane really doesn't bind under straight line acceleration conditions. Other than that, the only thing you might be correcting is the thrust angle of the rear end, which might be off if your rear wasn't built very well (not usually the case for aftermarket rears that are jigged, but can be an issue with the stock 10-bolt as seen by the unsymmetric nature of the spring perches, etc). I don't think I'd go getting these hoping to cut 1.3s...your 60' times might improve a little if properly adjusted...but that's the big gotcha in my head. They would have to be perfectly adjusted.

Rod-ended components like the LCAs usually work best for the Auto-x/Road Race guys that can't having the binding under cornering that polyurethane induces.

Quick Reply: Traction Benefit of Adjustable LCA's?