Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best Adj. Shock for lowered car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99WS7
The Koni SA are going to be fine for the prokit. I have the prokit and went with the ajustables onlybecause I wanted to be able to put them at the firmest setting. I have 11'' rims with 315 in the rear so I wanted to make it stiff as I could so I wouldnt bottom out so much.

You are missing the whole point of the SA Konis, as Sam has mentioned they are only adjustable for rebound and is why I bought the DA so I could also adjust the compression settings. If you run the SA on full rebound setting then you are taking a risk of loosing traction on long sweeping corners (like an on-ramp) as the suspension will "jack-down" until you are on the bump stops. When that happens your spring rate goes throught the roof and you loose grip which can be dangerous in a situation like this.

Please don't risk your life out there showing your buddies just how fast you can take an on or off ramp until you fully understand how to set up your suspension, plus your ride quality will improve.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

sam, i completly understand everything.. NOt upset at all. I cant get all of this done for a while anyway. Your family is more important at the moment!! please dont think im upset! I have pretty much made my decision on what I want from your website, im sorry i was alittle confused about what I was looking at on your website, but its all clear now man. you will get a purchase from me next week..Thanks for doing what you have done so far, considering what your going through

Landon
Old 12-31-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just ordered some revalves from sam strano! i guess ill find out soon what time to expect them in.. I had to hurry and buy before I changed my mind LOL

Landon
Old 12-31-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Revalved Bilstein's are a great call as well, enjoy!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:02 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm pretty happy with my HAL QA1s, but I wish I woulda waited a couple weeks.. they came out with the dual adjustable right after that. I use the adjustable shocks because it helps out at the drag strip, and firms it up nice for driving.

The install on HALs is kind of a bitch, though.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Landon, I got the order and it's placed... just want to make sure that you indeed have LS1 Pro-kits (because his email addy is something like whitemaro97).... The LT1 and LS1 Pro-kits are quite different and need different valvings.

Bilstein is just now reopening after the holidays.... order will be placed as soon as you confirm the springs for me and the shocks will be built within a few weeks.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-02-2007, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

sam do you have any koni 4/3 in stock?
another gp for them is trying to get started
Old 01-02-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

sam, my car is a LS1 and I do have a pro-kit for a 02..I sent you a pm with the same info.. Thanks

Quick Reply: Best Adj. Shock for lowered car?