Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Another pro-kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another pro-kit Question

I have stock 2000 camaro ss suspension. If i just buy the eibach pro kit and install it, would my ride and suspension be alright for my dd camaro ss.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

I'm no pro but with my experience, the nuts on top of the stock front struts are hard to get off and it might be seized to the rod. So you might have to buy some front shocks or at least put some on order in case that occurs (some people don't have that problem). The rears are no problem since they aren't coilover.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

I had a prokit on mine when it was dd with no problems,I used Bilstien HD's with mine,but they really need more shock,something revalved or adjustable.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:07 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I drove my '99 T/A for a while with a Eibach prokit and stock DeCarbons, it was a daily driver, and I had no complaints on the ride. Nice stance. You really do need to give it a new shock, though... the stock shock will get you by for a while, but they won't last real long with that spring rate. I'd also agree that a revalved or adjustable shock would be good for decent ride quality in a DD.

Here's how it sat after the spring install, the rest of the suspension is still pretty much stock.

Quick Reply: Another pro-kit Question