Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear calipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rear calipers

is there a how to on how to take the calipers off? i read that you need to take the cable off of the handle, but is there a way that you dont have to take the parking brake **** off without touching the cable under the center console?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:49 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
is there a how to on how to take the calipers off? i read that you need to take the cable off of the handle, but is there a way that you dont have to take the parking brake **** off without touching the cable under the center console?
If you're asking how to take the E-brake cables off the calipers, you don't have to do anything in the center console. I've had mine off a few times, and I've never touched it.

Basically the way it works is that they're spring loaded. There's a loop on the end of the cable that has a spring on it... you have to pull the spring back and then slide the loop off of the little hook on the caliper.

It's kind of a pain in the ***, but once you see how it goes on and off, it's not real tough. I tried to find a good pic, but couldn't come up with one.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so just take that spring off with pliers or something and then pull and take the cable off the hook.

i was doing it the other way around haha.

thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 02:35 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
so just take that spring off with pliers or something and then pull and take the cable off the hook.

i was doing it the other way around haha.

thanks
Yup, that's the way to do it.

I think it's easier if you just use your fingers and pull real hard. you might damage the spring with pliers. Just be careful not to pinch your fingers in there, it's kind of a tight spring.

Quick Reply: rear calipers