Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LS1 brakes on LT1, will existing LT1 brake lines bolt into LS1 calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 05:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 brakes on LT1, will existing LT1 brake lines bolt into LS1 calipers?

as subject states...(fronts only) will I be able to leave the current brake line attached to the hard line on the car and simply bolt current line into the ls1 caliper? Or...will I have to remove current line from hard line and adapt LS1 brake line to my current hard line?
Thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe you'll need to swap the lines. I can't remember if the caliper ends are the same, but I believe the LS1 hoses are longer for the larger diameter rotors (to avoid stretching them when you turn the wheel all the way). The car I installed them on was done with the LS1 hoses and worked well.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the record, Trackbird was right. Not that I doubted him, but I didn't have LS1 lines to use so I put the LS1 upgrade together on my LT1 w/ the LT1 lines...sure enough, lines weren't long enough, but otherwise it was a simple conversion.

FYI: don't be fooled by fancy ball joint and tie rod end removal tools...a 3 pound hammer or full on sledge works better.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alan2000T/A
For the record, Trackbird was right. Not that I doubted him, but I didn't have LS1 lines to use so I put the LS1 upgrade together on my LT1 w/ the LT1 lines...sure enough, lines weren't long enough, but otherwise it was a simple conversion.

FYI: don't be fooled by fancy ball joint and tie rod end removal tools...a 3 pound hammer or full on sledge works better.

Glad you got it worked out.

Alan, how long have you owned that car? I'm guessing you bought it from....was it Hunkins? I forget who wrote the articles. I had forgotten all about that one until I saw your post.

Quick Reply: LS1 brakes on LT1, will existing LT1 brake lines bolt into LS1 calipers?