Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Motor mounts and tranny mount, yea or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Motor mounts and tranny mount, yea or nay?

Im getting headers installed this spring and people say its a goodtime to change the mounts. The car is also gonna have a heads/cam thrown on it as well later in the year. Should i get the prothane motor and tranny mounts?

Mike
Old 01-04-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Definitely, i wish i would've put on my motor mounts when i did my header install
Old 01-04-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Installing the motor mounts at the same time as the headers would save some time. I never had any luck with poly tranny mounts, regardless of how they were modded or from Prothane or Energy Suspension. Others have, but I personally would not attempt it again even if I had a stock style torque arm.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Definitely do the poly motor mounts while you have the opportunity. You'll kick yourself later if you don't and end up wanting them anyway down the road with the headers already in there. Poly trans mount isn't a big help IMO and there's certainly no need to do it at the same time as the headers since its a straightforward swap at any point really.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

DO IT! I did my header swap thinking I would not need them and 4 months later I was under the car swapping them with the headers on. It is possible to do it with the headers on but the time can be cut in half if you are doing headers. I have poly mounts for the motor and trans. There is some vibration but I am used to it so it does not bother me.

Quick Reply: Motor mounts and tranny mount, yea or nay?