Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni SA's and Strano Spring combo

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Koni SA's and Strano Spring combo

I talked to Mr. Strano today and decided to go with the Koni single adjustables and Strano springs. I was hoping some of the Koni owners could speak up to their experience with these shocks and hopefully someone may have also had some Bilsteins before the Koni's to throw into the comparison.

I made my decision based on this: I drive my car daily if the weather is nice and the ride is pretty harsh especially over bumps, big or small. Sam said I should do better shocks because they are the portion of the suspension that dampens the ride- agreed. My other piece is that I have Fikse's on my car and can't be rolling around looking like an offroad vehicle, so I also need to lower the car. Based on the fact that my car is a pig, 40lb stereo in the back and 100+ lbs of turbo kit and iron block up front, Sam recommended his springs because they can handle the load (550front/150rear.) I choose the Koni's because they are adjustable (Awesome! and I'm sure he could tell that I'm picky), they have a lifetime warranty (which really did it for me) and they will work with ANY lowering spring.

I also want to add to the mile-long list of other guys who have said that he took the time to explain a lot of things to me and really seemed to have my best interest in mind.Also, anyone have any pics I could check out? I need pics of just the Koni's with stock springs and pics of both the Koni's and Strano springs. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had Konis on my car for about a year and a half now, and IMHO they're the best upgrade I've done so far. I have SAs up front and DAs in the rear along with a Ground Control spring kit and Strano Bars I picked up from Sam. My spring rates are 600/150, similar to yours. The car feels so much more controllable and planted to the road, and the ride isn't bad at all. My '94 LT1 had a much worse ride and the handling wasn't as good as this car, and that had the Bilstein HDs and Eibach Sportlines. You'll definitely be happy with them.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious what the combo cost you. Was looking to just get springs from sam. but i think i may wait, save some cash and do it all the same time.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stock springs and Koni SA's:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/viper99t...60762346633084

Sam's springs and Koni SA's:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/viper99t...60762346632801

Quick Reply: Koni SA's and Strano Spring combo