Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Popping on Pass side after spring install

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Popping on Pass side after spring install

Due to all the added weight I keep getting, (My Car) I decided to put my stock springs back on since I could never find a spring that sat right with the added weight of the iron block, then the 4l80e so I decided to go back stock. Well I swapped the springs out, reinstalled everything and now it has a popping noise when I hit a bump on the pass side. I took both sides all the way back apart yesterday, reomved the springs, then reinstalled it all again. I didnt take it out for a ride, but when you rock the car up and down by the radiator support it still has that popping again on the pass side. The only things Ive changed is the springs and the sway bar end links. (had some energy suspension ones laying around) Last time I had and anlignment done the car was basically slammed so I know thats gota be done but didnt know if it could have anything to do with the poping noise or not. Maybe a tie rod end? The sway bar end links? everything is right and in place and tight. Any suggestions before this afternoon? I guess Ill pull the end link off then test, or unbolt the tie rod end and test (without driving of course.)

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you tighten the top shock nut all the way down when you reinstalled the rubber piece that holds the spring on?

(been there, left it loose, made a popping noise, had to redo it)
Old 01-12-2007, 06:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXAgZ28
Did you tighten the top shock nut all the way down when you reinstalled the rubber piece that holds the spring on?

(been there, left it loose, made a popping noise, had to redo it)
Im pretty sure I did, I took it all the way back apart yesterday and tried tighting it back down. It turned maybe 2-3 turns then then the inside of the strut would move. I bet it has 1in of bolt sticking through the nut. I also realized its not just the Pass side, its the drivers side to. Im bout to say forget it and slap lowering springs back on. I even unbolted the sway bar to see if thats the culpret. I may just go buy some new damn struts and start over. Its very annoying..