Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pads

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pads

I hear alot of good stuff about Hawk HPS on here, but Everyone one tire rack seems to think they are really loud and some people said after a while they dust alot

I would like anybody that has put a few miles on some and done some hard braking to give me their honest opinion.

And Tire Rack also said ATE super Blue fluid has a lower boiling point, to increase the life of the fluid, but it says they are for racing shouldnt the boiling point be higher?
Old 01-13-2007, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

I really did not bother in reading what you had to say, cause I see to the left off your post are some really nice jugs!!!! Lol sorry.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by crazylane
I really did not bother in reading what you had to say, cause I see to the left off your post are some really nice jugs!!!! Lol sorry.

LOL! Sorry, its even funnier when its the only reply...

It's soooo true.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:00 AM
Banned

get the hps pads and the ATE super blue is what i run ever since i upgraded my brakes, and i have nothing to complain about
Old 01-14-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tire Rack are idiots! They don't know ****.
The pads don't dust alot and they are quiet. Don't know much about the ATE super blue, but I did a little research and Tire Rack are idiots again!
Old 01-14-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The super blue and its analog ( I forget the name..its by the sam maker but its orange I beleieve) are great products..the advantage is that when you have one color in..when you bleed the system you just keep bleading until the color changes then you know that youve cleard that line

The pads...Idunno...your on your own..but they seem to be the choice most people make
Old 01-14-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im runnin those pads on slotted and cross drilled rotors and no anti-squeak on them and they are silent. But you need to make sure that you break them in according to how they tell you to on the box and you wont have any problems
Old 01-14-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Hawk HPS are very good street pads. They are generally not noisy (although it has been known to happen on occasion) and the dust levels are not bad at all. ATE Superblue is a great fluid for the $$. IMO you're on the right track regardless of what someone at TireRack says.