Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bilstein BTS-7501

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bilstein BTS-7501

Was looking to do some suspension mods because my stock struts and shocks are shot. I saw this kit with springs and shocks/struts for around 600 bucks. Is it any good and has anyone used it? Otherwise What would you suggest. I really don't want to spend much more than this for shocks and springs.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Its no good, rear springs are too stiff and the shocks are regular HD's (not valved correctly for springs)
Old 01-25-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have them. they dropped my car exactly where i wanted it to be. im happy with them. everybody told me they suck, but nobody actually has them. but i got mine for half the price. so that made me even happier.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Dude.... the shocks aren't valved for the springs, and the springs are stupidly high rates in the rear. Ok, everyone says they suck but they don't have them... but then again what else have you had? Do you know they are the best by comparing multiple setups. And FWIW, folks do and have had them, and I've had a nubmer of people change them out for something else. It's all a matter of perspective, and while I sell a LOT of Bilstein's between HD's and Revalves (and the odd SLP set), I won't touch the BTS kit.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-26-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

I agree with Sam.

I talked to tech support at Bilstein a couple of years ago about the set up, even he told me not to buy it - LOL.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

Well I am looking for an affordable set of shocks and springs. I would like around a 1.2-1.5 in. all around. I dont autocross my car, I go to the track every other month or so. I am looking for something that will still offer a comfortable ride, being that this is my daily driver, and something that will help at the track. Everyone keeps saying that konis are the only way to go, but there is no way I am spending that much on only shocks when my car will never need that much. I would like something around $600 for shocks and springs if it is possible.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

What's "comfortable" exactly? Furthermore, the best comfort comes from stock springs with capable shocks. NOT from heavier, shorter springs and mediocre shocks. Frankly, you want it all, which is hard enough, but then don't want to spend any money to get it.

Koni's aren't the only way to go, just a great way to make sure you get a good shock and one you can play with to suit what you like best. Want to go cheaper? You can, but you give up flexibility, and you won't get much decent for shocks and spring combinations @ $600 for the setup. Even SLP's Level 1 setup costs more than that and those aren't GREAT shocks or springs.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i dont drag or autocross, just a daily driver. im comfortable with them. i dont care what everyone else says about them. he asked for opinions about them for ppl who have them. i have them and i like them. is there a better setup? hell yea there is, but factor in the point that i spent hundreds less than what everyones suggesting. i was in the same situation as hoss. i didnt have the money to spend on the konis. these springs dropped my car exactly where i wanted to be. if u want i can post pics.
besides if i didnt like them, i could take them off and still sell them for a profit. the ride isnt bouncy at all, and its not too firm. for me, its just right. and i know for a fact they are a hundred times better than the old deCarbon shocks.
Mr. Strano is right, there is better than the bts system, but if u want it the better shocks, then plan on spendin alot more money.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HossZ28
Everyone keeps saying that konis are the only way to go, but there is no way I am spending that much on only shocks...

Well they say "Ignorance is bliss". Never having partaked of Konis is about the same as never have partaked of a really goooood woman. If you've never had it - you won't ever know your missing it...
Old 01-26-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Weezzer
Well they say "Ignorance is bliss". Never having partaked of Konis is about the same as never have partaked of a really goooood woman. If you've never had it - you won't ever know your missing it...
mmmmm...good point sir good point indeed...
Old 01-27-2007, 06:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yahelou
i have them. they dropped my car exactly where i wanted it to be. im happy with them. everybody told me they suck, but nobody actually has them. but i got mine for half the price. so that made me even happier.

I went the cheaper route with the HDs I bought. They perform alright.. I should of had them revalved. There is definitly much better.. all what your looking for and price is always afactor.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Weezzer

That is pretty funny. I know I am not getting anything near what konis would offer me but I dont need that. I just want something that is a little lower and a little more stiff. I was looking at the edelbrock shocks and springs. What do you guys think of those?
Old 01-29-2007, 06:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got DMS lowering springs. Love them man. If you do a search about these springs everyone that runs them say they havent hurt the 60' times at all. And the drop is just right and so is the price. Do a search bro.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Yahelou
well i dont drag or autocross, just a daily driver. im comfortable with them. i dont care what everyone else says about them.
You know the whole "I don't autocross thing" isn't very accurate. Do you drive harder than your Grandmother does? I bet you do. And the car doesn't know the difference between a 50mph sweeper on an autocross course, or an off-ramp, does it? No.

Grip is grip, tire compliance is tire compliance, stability is stabiliy. And as far as shocks go, unlike other things, you can't be too good. As a matter of fact way too many people go too far and put even more parts on trying to band-aid weak dampers, and spend more money than they would have on good shocks to start with.

I'm not saying this guy needs to have Koni's. What I'm saying the BTS kit isn't great, and while you're happy with it, you're one of the few I've heard from that does, and I personally don't *love* HD's even with the stock springs. I find the car still floats a bit with much softer springs than what's used in the BTS kit.

I sell Bilstein, I sell the BTS.... or rather, I can. I really don't because it's not really that hard to improve upon.

Quick Reply: bilstein BTS-7501