Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering car with wide tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lowering car with wide tires

I know I can find somewhat of an answer all over this forum, but I haven't found anything that directly helps me.

315/35/17s are in the back.
I'm going to lower the car 1"-1.5" with BMR or Eibach, maybe Hotchkis.
This means I'm going to need new shocks. revalved bilsteins? how much are the koni SAs? any other good names out there? don't really want to spend over $600 for shocks

when I get it lowered, am I also going to need LCAs & relocation brackets?
what about wheel spacers (1/8" ??) and a panhard bar??? good idea to get adjustable or waste of money??

thanks guys

Last edited by candlelit; 01-26-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you lower, you WILL need an adjustable PHB. I would recomend a UMI single adjustable rod end PHB. Rod ends do not allow play, keeping your tires off the inner or outer fender. You need a different than stock length at a lowered ride height, to properly center the rear and clear the wheels.

Konis r about $800 a set. They are worth the money! They are adjustable 2 suit your needs/tastes. They will work w stock and lowered springs. And you can even keep stock springs and lower around 3/4" w the lower perch/hose mod.

Personally, I feel LCAs and relocation brackets are drag only items. If you do not frequent the strip, they r not needed (put that $ toward the Konis).