Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking for comfy springs for Sportlines!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for comfy springs for Sportlines!

I've got sportline springs on stock shocks and the ride is pretty uncomfortable. The car's so low that there are basically no shocks at all. What do you recommend for the sportlines if i wan't a smoother ride?
Old 01-28-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kaos_
I've got sportline springs on stock shocks and the ride is pretty uncomfortable. The car's so low that there are basically no shocks at all. What do you recommend for the sportlines if i wan't a smoother ride?
Okay, I'll bite here...

Define "smoother."

Your question has so many possible answers due to not enough information as to the reasons why you bought the sportline springs in the first place and what you want your vehicle to do ie; twisties or straight line(1/4)...

So give us more information regarding your car, how you drive it, what you like about your suspension and what you want to change/make better...

Sportline springs = good looks, but that's about it...

So, is that why you bought the sportlines, to look good, or did you buy them because they were cheap or did someone give these to you or what???

AND, what are you willing to spend to make your car better/more comfortable?

IMHO, only two shocks will give you better "performance" with Sportlines: Koni's or REVALVED Bilstein's...Minimum is about $500-$550???

If you are not willing to spend the minimum posted above, then there are no other shocks that will give you a more comfortable ride with sportlines...

But there are a few folks that will tell you differently, so go ahead and listen to whoever you want, and let us know your results whatever you decide to do...

Good luck!

P.S. Sam Strano, call him.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Springs are designed to prevent your vehicle from SLAMMING onto the ground, as well as assisting in preventing body roll...

Those Sportlines are so soft and so low that they do neither, so in order to keep your vehicle from bottoming out with such a worthless spring, you'll have to get shocks with stiffer settings, and the only ones that would assist you will be what I posted above...

Anything else will help for a little while, but they'll end up blowing out, and you'll have the same issues that you have now.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

i'm getting umi kmember, torque arm, lower control arms with relocation brackets, panhard bar, front a arms and bushings. what shocks would you get in this case? i'm looking for a combo of street and drag with a comfy daily driver ride.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

The Sportline springs are a very low spring designed more for looks then ride quality and handling. I would suggest giving Sam Strano a call www.stranoparts.com This is his speciality and he can set you up with the correct shock, he can even have shocks revalved to your spring rate.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 01-28-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kaos_
i'm getting umi kmember, torque arm, lower control arms with relocation brackets, panhard bar, front a arms and bushings. what shocks would you get in this case? i'm looking for a combo of street and drag with a comfy daily driver ride.

koni s/a's from Sam

i ditched my sportlines b/c i found out after having them, i loved the stance, but hated the springs for i wanted to do. i like to take a lot of corners, fast, turning left AND right
Old 01-28-2007, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

yeah mines harsh too. it was riding on the bumpstops so i cut them a little. does anybody know where to get any upgraded ones