Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI LCA/PHB Chatter

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI LCA/PHB Chatter

Hey guys i was lookin over the car yesterday since its been sleeping in the garage, and i remembered about how bad the chatter was from the LCA/PHB. I would like to get this fixed before summer comes. I bought the LCA/PHB Rod/Poly from UMI, but used the existing Bolts/Nuts. Now when i go over anything its the most annoying noises =(.

Is it possible the stock bolts are not as thick as the bolts/nuts UMI sells? Therefore the inner part of the Rod is vibrating.

Anyways im not bashing UMI at all, i love their stuff, and have been a repeat customer. I would just like to solve the mysterious noises =).

btw i have tried to torque the hell out of the bolts/nuts.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Launching!

my friend had a complete rod end suspension. they are noisy. i rember hearing it and thinking the car was going to fall apart. but as far as i know you cant really make them quite
Old 01-28-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting...just put my rod-end LCAs on today, and they're no more noisy than the stockers were (or at least, I can't hear any new noises over bumps and cracks in the road over my exhaust).

I'd imagine swapping to new bolts would be an inexpensive method to see if it fixes the problem.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

I herd rod end style is noiser than the stockers. I think there is a rod end special grease you can use. idk.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Interesting...I'm installing UMI rod/poly PHB and LCAs very soon...hope I don't have this problem.

SJM (I think) offers theirs with a 1/2 inch bolt over the standard metric one...I guess you could always upgrade the bolt to a little bit bigger and see what happens.