Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

VERY annoying sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VERY annoying sound

I have had this sound coming from, what seems like under my passenger side door or maybe the seat. Its really only there when its cold. ON a hot summer day you might hear it on a large swaying bump. But when its really cold, its terrible. Its gotta be the most annoying sound I think a car could make. It sounds like a grinding/squeaking. in between the two. I thought maybe it could be a bushing. Perhaps the LCA bushing. because thats about where the LCA connects to the subframe, right? I looked under the car and nothing looks out of the ordinary. no obvious cracks or bent parts. Anyone have any ideas? Its SOOOO annoying . especially right now in the middle of winter . It does it non stop over every bump or even a slight movement of the car.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

Yes, LCA bushing. I spayed mine up good with silicon spay to see if they quieted. It did the trick, but it won't last long. I ordered some Moog replacement bushing kits (1 kit per side). I have not put them in yet. They are solid rubber 1LE type, unlike the star shaped originals.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you sure. It actually sounds like it could be a little further up towards the front. like right under the the passenger door. Ill try to spray some silicone there I guess. couldnt hurt. Its a loud but deep squeak. it almost sounds like grinding metal sometimes though
Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok I didnt have any silicone, but i did have some white lithium grease. (I dont really care how the oversray looks, its under the car and its getting replaced soon anyway.) It seemed to quiet the squeak a little. its still there but not as much. I guess some new tubular LCAs are in the near future.
But not that anyone cares cause no one posted anyhting except Greggy.