Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hal qa1 question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007 | 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

Default Hal qa1 question

how far up in the threads are you guys running your collars. I'm about 4 1/2 inches from where the threads start and my car still sits REALLY low. Do I need to add a heavier spring? I bought these used and I can't remember what weight came with them. I have taken off about 100 pounds off the front of the car and i'll be doing a tubular k-member, skinnies and a little bit lighter brake rotor up front. reccomendations?
Old 02-11-2007 | 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pirate3
how far up in the threads are you guys running your collars. I'm about 4 1/2 inches from where the threads start and my car still sits REALLY low. Do I need to add a heavier spring? I bought these used and I can't remember what weight came with them. I have taken off about 100 pounds off the front of the car and i'll be doing a tubular k-member, skinnies and a little bit lighter brake rotor up front. reccomendations?
The skinnies and brake rotors are not going to affect the springs. They are supported by the tires and not the chassis/springs. If you're using a soft drag spring, you'll probably find that the car will compress it quite far (which would require you to run the collars up the shocks a considerable amount to keep the nose up). I don't have any hands on experience with that combo, but what you say sounds quite reasonable due to the nature of drag springs and their rates.
Old 02-18-2007 | 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

any more ideas?

Quick Reply: Hal qa1 question