Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Single adjustable LCA's and panhard rod

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI Single adjustable LCA's and panhard rod

I've been looking for some tubular LCA's b/c i have a bushing going out and I figure i might as well go ahead and replace the LCA's while i'm at it. I ran across these http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...3e3f775c23174a that seemed decent and are fairly cheap. Anyone have experiences with these?
Old 02-24-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

That's good stuff. Same setup I am going to be running, only my PHB is going to be double adjustable. You don't really need poly bushings on the panhard, but on the LCA it can help to have one on the body end to help with harshness (vs having both rod ends).
Old 02-24-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So stick with the single adjustables? Do you know if it compromises ride quality? For now the car is a DD until i find a beater
Old 02-24-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Single adjustable will be fine, but will have a poly bushing on one end and a rod on the other. IMO you don't really need a poly bushing on the panhard. Just get everything adjusted and torqued right and it shouldn't be a problem with dual rod ends. The LCA's are going to transmit more noise and bumps though, so I wouldn't go with dual rod ends there. I think the single adj. is a good choice for the street.

Others will chime in.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Launching!

UMI makes great parts. BlackHawk is right about there not being a downside to running dual rod ends on the PHB.

As far as dual rod ended LCA's go, I think it is fine. Some people complain about the noise and harshness but I didn't notice much of a difference. There was no squeaking, clunking, or rattling, just a slight increase in road noise. Plus, the increase in handling was well worth it.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

i have their non adjustable lcas and the on-car adjustable phb. both pieces are easy to install.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think single adjustable is the way 2 go.

Hopefully you will only need to adjust once, or maybe again w a spring/ride height change, so on car adjustability is not a big selling pint 2 me.

Quick Reply: UMI Single adjustable LCA's and panhard rod