Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brakes locking up/pedal pressure issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Brakes locking up/pedal pressure issue

First off, I changed the rubber lines to braided ss lines, flushed out all the old fluid, and my brake pedal still feels spungy to me. Car will stop (read below) but my buddy's SS has a real firm pedal, so it has me wondering if there is something else in the system that can cause the issue.

Also, I dont know if its just normal in these cars or what, but when I give the brakes a decent amount of pedal pressure, the wheels lock and ABS kicks in. I know it sounds stupid, but to me it seems like it just happens too easy for the amount I am pushing on the brakes. I dont know if they just grab that well (doubt it) or what. I have never really tried to do a hard stop in anyone elses car I have driven so I dont know if its just normal or what. I have slotted/drilled rotors, braided ss lines and hps pads, other than that its all stock brakes.

Like I said, may sound stupid and an easy answer, but it just concerned me as it did not seem too normal.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done the same thing and have the exact same issue. I'll be watching this post for any answers.