Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension questions....

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension questions....

so i have a 1le and looking to go down the road racing track.... only mods i have suspension wise are SFC and BFGoodrich KD..... i plan on buying an UMI double adjust PHR... but in my book, that seems all i will need.... can i get some thoughts please
Old 03-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Launching!

I would also look at brakes. Some quality blank rotors, pads and fresh brake fluid will go a long way. I don't know what kind of shocks the 1LE cars came with but if it is the DuhCrappins you might also want to upgrade those also. The single best mod is the driver mod though.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Launching!

1le comes factory stock with koni DAs.... i was wondering if Sam's springs would make a noticeable difference verses the 1le
Old 03-06-2007, 11:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Yes, springs would change the car, as would different bars. 1LE is an option, and it was a cool one, but not the end-all. You got some better bushings, and some great shocks for the price, but the springs and bars just aren't that great. Frankly, every SS has the same bars stock (or better with options).

Lowering the car, lessening the roll, changing the balance are all still things that are desireable. 1LE's really aren't better cars. I raced my standard Z28 for years vs. 1LE's and won. Acutally less 1LE's have won autoxes than standard Z28's have.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!