Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Help!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!!

I want to lower my 99 ws6 trans am and really dont know what I need. I dont want to spend over 500 bucks to lower it because I want headers and such. I know I can get kyb gsr shocks with springs, but do you know where there is a better pair of shocks and springs I can get my hands on? I was thinking a coilover system, but will this make the ride better or just make it look nice and lower it? I want a good system. If you know of any site that sells such kits or you have something I could need, let me know. I want to lower it in the next month or so. thanks
Old 03-13-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know search has been a little borked lately, but check the stickies at the top of this thread.

Some general points, though:
1) For $500, you won't find what most people (myself included) would consider a good setup.
2) Stay away from KYB. I have a set. In my garage. Safely away from my car.
3) What are your goals? Do you want a canyon carver? A straightline performance minded car? What's more important: ride quality or looks?

To do it right, you'll need springs, shocks (that can handle the springs), an adjustable panhard bar to re-center the rearend, and enough money left over for an alignment.

My advice: if you can't afford everything at once, buy it in pieces (shocks, then springs, etc.) and then install everything at once. It sucks to have to wait, but it beats spending money twice or ending up with a setup you don't like.

-Mike

Search this Thread