Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering ?

I want to lower my 99 ws6 trans am. Can I get by with just buying springs that lower my car 1.25-1.5 inches? I know I will eventually have to buy shocks, but for now, can I just buy the springs and leave the stock stocks on there and ride with it lowered for a summer and then buy shocks for the next year? I dont want to spend tons of money on lowering it, is there a way I can get around getting the whole package and just go with just springs? How bad will the ride be with the eibach pro kit springs with stock shocks? any input is appreciated. thanks
Old 03-13-2007, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

if you can't do springs/shocks at the same time, save up until you can. i recently put strano springs/ revalves and couldnt be happier.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMe WS6
if you can't do springs/shocks at the same time, save up until you can. i recently put strano springs/ revalves and couldnt be happier.

I agree. You will hate the ride with stock shocks. Svae up for some koni's or something else. You will be glad you did.

-Mike
Old 03-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

so theres no way of me getting away from shocks for a year...how bad can the ride be with stock shocks and eibach pro kit springs?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Teching In

The difference with stock springs and a good set of shocks is night and day I have friends with Bilstien revalves, one with Koni DA, and I have single adjustables. Just doing shocks made a huge difference in the body roll and overall handling feel in the cars I have been in. Like they say above it is definetly worth saving to get shocks when you get your springs.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moonshine_mike
The difference with stock springs and a good set of shocks is night and day I have friends with Bilstien revalves, one with Koni DA, and I have single adjustables. Just doing shocks made a huge difference in the body roll and overall handling feel in the cars I have been in. Like they say above it is definetly worth saving to get shocks when you get your springs.
How would shocks affect body roll?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Launching!

My trans am is lowered on 1.5 inch springs and still on the stock shocks. Had this setup for about a year and still going.