Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Paging MADMAN...I have some rack questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paging MADMAN...I have some rack questions.

I have a 98 TA and just installed the MADMAN rack last night. Nothing seem to fit right. The LS1 shaft hits the header and it seems like the middle part of the shaft is too long and the part that goes into the steering column is too short. The only way to get the shaft on is to put it on the rack before bolting the rack in. If the rack is on the car, the shaft will not go on. And on the rack, we had to bottom out the adjustment to get the wheels even close. Let me know what you think about these issues please. Thanks in advance
Old 04-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TN94Z
I have a 98 TA and just installed the MADMAN rack last night. Nothing seem to fit right. The LS1 shaft hits the header and it seems like the middle part of the shaft is too long and the part that goes into the steering column is too short. The only way to get the shaft on is to put it on the rack before bolting the rack in. If the rack is on the car, the shaft will not go on. And on the rack, we had to bottom out the adjustment to get the wheels even close. Let me know what you think about these issues please. Thanks in advance
As far as the shaft mine did the same thing, but if your read the instructions they specify that the shaft will more than likely have to be cut due to different k-member designs. I ended up sizing mine down about an inch and a half or so and it fit perfect after that. As for the adjusters, my drivers side is completely threaded in on both ends and it still isn't straight but I am heading to the alignment shop tomorrow so hopefully the caster and camber just need to be adjusted to make it all better.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by TN94Z
You might have to shorten the shaft some. I also have had to loosen the 3 bolts on the bottom of the column at the firewall and and move the column over towards the drivers side. Get the caster and camber set at the alignment shop and the adjusters will be just right.

225-343-9029

Quick Reply: Paging MADMAN...I have some rack questions.