Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which shock with the eibach springs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You could wear a band aide for 2 year too . . .

Doesn't hurt anything, but it sure doesn't make it right.

Eibach just makes weak springs. Unfortunately their name speaks louder than quality.

I used those twist in spring spacers in my 1967 Chevelle when I was 17 and couldn't afford new coil springs.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunetely no one makes the springs I want, so I don't have any choice. I demand 10lb increments.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Eibach just makes weak springs.
I think your missing the point here. Eibach makes fine springs, it's just that they don't offer 2 different rear springs for the Prokit and the Sportlines. They both have to share the softer, shorter Sportline rear spring. If Eibach would just do the right thing and slap the bean counters on this one thing, then they could make a dedicated rear spring that is more suitable in drop and spring rate to match up with the Prokit front springs.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JasonWW
I think your missing the point here. Eibach makes fine springs, . . . .
No I am not. Eibach spring rates blow. I have the SLP Eibachs and a Prokit. Both cars the rear springs are too soft, and the *** of the car sags . .

Poor design = shitty springs = Eibach sucks.

Everyone knows Eibach so they are considered top dog.

If you surveyed 10 people on the following

Item = Answer:

Springs = Eibach
Copiers = Xerox
Photos = Polaroid . . .

Just ignorant brand recognition.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

I think your missing the point here. Eibach makes fine springs, it's just that they don't offer 2 different rear springs for the Prokit and the Sportlines. They both have to share the softer, shorter Sportline rear spring. If Eibach would just do the right thing and slap the bean counters on this one thing, then they could make a dedicated rear spring that is more suitable in drop and spring rate to match up with the Prokit front springs.
For the record, really you need at least a 10% change in rate to notice a difference. I don't know what rate you want Jason, but I have a few sets of rear springs here that are extra. My springs, 150 linear working rate, 100 tender rate. Ride height about 26.75" in most cars. Maybe they'd work better for you?
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 03-27-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Xsta Z 28, do you understand what I mean about the Prokit using the Sportline rear springs? Eibach chose to save money instead of making a proper matching rear spring for the front Prokit. Eibach can pretty much make whatever spring rate and ride height they want and the quality of that product would be very good.

Sam, I would like a 150, 160 and 170 rate rear springs. Does anyone make them?
Old 03-27-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Xsta Z 28, do you understand what I mean about the Prokit using the Sportline rear springs? Eibach chose to save money instead of making a proper matching rear spring for the front Prokit. Eibach can pretty much make whatever spring rate and ride height they want and the quality of that product would be very good.

Sam, I would like a 150, 160 and 170 rate rear springs. Does anyone make them?
I understand completely what you are saying . . and your point is?

I know the rear springs between my SLP Eibachs and my Prokit are different . . . So how does that explain that both springs are too soft and cannot support the car properly?

Eibach is too lazy/cheap to make two - possilbythree different types of rear springs for the F-Car . . .

So they just make one and lie?

Sport kit drops the car 2" front and rear as advertised . . .

Pro kit drops the car 1.5" front and rear . . . .

So . . . how does that work with only one rear spring? Eibach is lieing to their customers.

Bottom line. I am expressing my opinion. I hate Eibach. Their springs suck.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^Lol wow and Im lookin at buying the prokit......
Old 03-28-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

It seems you hate the bean counters and marketing people for Eibach, but that doesn't say anything about the quality of their products. The higher ups chose to offer a softer, shorter rear spring. I doubt it was the fault of the guys designing the springs. You just seem to hate some parts of Eibach management and that has soured you on all their employees and the company in general. It's cool if you don't like them, but to say all their products are poorly designed is just not true.

It's kind of like the guys at Ground Control when they gave me a bunch of run arounds and we'll get back to you's plus they never did send me my adusting wrench, but that has nothing to do with the quality of their product. Their front coilover conversion is top notch, but I sure don't like their employees. Still, I'm not sour towards those guys or their company.

Sam, what do you think about Eibach springs?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Old 04-16-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
I understand completely what you are saying . . and your point is? Bottom line. I am expressing my opinion. I hate Eibach. Their springs suck.
Tell us how you really feel.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the company i worked for making offroad vehicles used a few different brands of springs, the eibachs were always the best. King and another unnamed comany's springs broke all the time. they do make a good spring.. the rate may be poor in this application in the rear, that's all. they don't suck.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I agree with the above post. Don't condemn all Eibach's because some aren't what they should be. I half-jokingly tell folks it's like considering all Chevrolet's to be the same, be it an Aveo or a Z06..... not really the case.

Eibach is a brand we sell (among others). I can tell you that not all Eibach's are the same, not all are junk.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Bilstein Shocks. I was very happy with them. No problems at all here.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Bilstein is an option, but that's just it...an option. May or may not be the best option. Certainly is good based on price and quality. Less so based on damping performance and handling. Not meant to damp lowering springs, and different lowering springs are different in not only how much lower they are, but in what their rates are....

Everything is an option, just a matter of how "good" the option is for each person's needs. This is why I want to you know--actually TALK to potential customers about what they want, expect, know, want to spend, what springs they are looking to use the shocks with, etc.

Quick Reply: Which shock with the eibach springs?